Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shallots and Garlic






This is the start of this years garden.  Actually I planted the cloves of garlic and the bulbs of shallots back in October.  They have been slowly making there way upward all winter.  Compared to the garlic I planted last year, these guys are much further along.  This is the first time I am growing shallots, they are the plants in the rear of the photo.  I use at least a shallot a week at home so these should keep me supplied for a while.  As far the garlic, this year I am growing five times as much as I did last season.  I am growing both a hard neck and soft neck varieties.  The soft neck garlic aren't pictured and are a bit farther behind then the hard necks.  I am getting excited for the garden this year, I have lots of planning still to do, but that's half the fun.  As far as these alliums are looking, I say this should be a productive year.

No comments:

Post a Comment